How To Take Care Of Jewelry
Steps To Take Care Of Your Jewelry
1. Wipe the piece with a soft cotton cloth after wearing it.
2. Try not to leave your jewelry open in the air after wearing it.
3. You can wipe the piece with a soft cotton cloth after wearing it.
4. How to make it shiny again:
a.) take about 2 tablespoons of baking soda and adds drops of lemon juice.
Take a soft toothbrush and scrub your jewelry with the paste gently.
Let it sit in the paste for about 30 minutes and then rinse it with water and dry it thoroughly.
b.) place your jewelry in vinegar to soak for 30-60 minutes.
Then, scrub it with a soft toothbrush, and rinse it with water.
This cleaning method is more aggressive and may leave the jewelry signs - until the patina rebuilds.
5. Store in a plastic bag with an anti-tarnishing strip, to prevent a flow of air, which tarnish the jewel faster.
6. Avoid exposure to chemicals and salt water such as: Swimming pools (are usually treated with chlorine), Hot tubs, Salt water can be corrosive, Hot springs (contain a lot of different minerals, specifically Sulfur). The water itself does not damage the necklace metal (alloy, sterling silver, copper, etc.) it’s the chemicals in the water that can cause it to change color and get damaged.
Remember to store all jewelry, no matter the material or brand, in a clean, protected space. Keep your jewelry stored in zip lock baggies or in anti-tarnish bags to help extend their life.
Gold Plated Jewelry Care
Keep gold-plated jewelry away from hard surfaces.
Bumps and scratches will cause the gold layer to wear away faster.
Store your gold-plated jewelry in a velvet lined jewelry box, or wrap it in a soft material that will prevent scratches.
Lightly wipe your gold-plated jewelry with a damp cotton cloth.